City Of Baltimore Comcast Franchise Update
The Mayor’s Office of Cable and Communications (MOCC) has reached an agreement with Comcast to renew its franchise for cable services in Baltimore City. The new agreement is a non-exclusive 10-year franchise agreement that will go into effect on January 1, 2017. The franchise agreement has oversight of cable television services only. Click here to see franchise bill that went into effect on January 1, 2017.
MOCC is committed to providing best in class customer service in all aspects of duties, but especially in responding to the customer service needs of Comcast subscribers in Baltimore. A detailed list of Comcast customer service standards is available in Appendix F of the franchise agreement. Click here to see Appendix F.
COMCAST CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACT INFORMATION
Customer Service: (800) 266-2278
Comcast Service Center
5801 Metro Drive
Baltimore, MD 21215
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8 am-6:30 pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 8 am-8 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am-3 pm
To resolve a customer service issue with Comcast, subscribers should take the following steps:
Contact Customer Service at 800-266-2278
- Using the interactive voice response system, enter your account telephone number
- Use the voice prompts to explain, in as few words as possible, your issue. For example:
- “Error code on my TV” (please write down the code number)
- “TV Disconnected”
- “Phone Not Working” or “No Dial-Tone”
- “Home Security”
- The system will automatically provide you with a several quick tips to resolve issues. For instance, many issues will be quickly resolved by simply doing a manual reset of your equipment. We recommend that you continue to follow the troubleshooting guidance from the interactive voice response system.
- If that is unable to resolve this issue, the equipment will be reset or a signal will be sent from our system.
- If none of the actions above resolve your issue, please wait on the line to speak with a customer service representative.
- Prior to speaking with an agent, please have the following items available:
- Primary Account Telephone number
- Last 4 digits of the account holder’s SS#
If after speaking to an agent, you are not satisfied with the resolution of a complaint, or you were disconnected from a call and received no call back, you can, upon request, be referred to supervisory-level personnel.
If, for some reason, you are unable to speak to a supervisor real time OR you do not receive a callback in the designated timeframe from the Supervisor and you wish to submit a complaint to us, you may do so below or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 410-396-1100.
Please provide the following information within your email. Your email will be sent directly to your Comcast Baltimore Response Team:
- Your Account Number
- Primary Account Holder’s Full Name
- Address of Service
- Contact Number
- Date and Time of Call to the Cable Provider
- A brief description of:
- The original issue which prompted your call to your cable provider for assistance
- The issue you experienced with the Cable Provider’s customer service.
Once you provide us with your complaint, we will forward your information to Comcast. Once received by Comcast, you will receive a call directly from Comcast to assist you in resolving your issue.
You may also input your information below and someone from our office will contact you within 48 hours.
Use our convenient form to submit your concerns or problems with Comcast cable service. Please be as specific as possible. You will receive a response within 48 hours.